[Gllug] Comic offer + Pine & Cable question

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 15:46:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Formi wrote:

 I meant " you can't connect it to a soundcard "

 I have a spanish keyboard and sometimes I make mistakes...

>  Sorry then,
>
>  it is like a DB9 or serial cable, the pins are in three rows, so you
>  can plug it to a standard soundcard.
>
>  By the way, it doesn matter how thouroghly I explain it, always somebody
>  is going to come out with a "slightly unrelated answer".
>
>  I don't have a really good command of English, but would you call a cable
>  to a ribbon? I wouldn't.
>
>  						Formi.
>

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Richard Cottrill wrote:
>
> > What do the plugs look like. There are lots of things with lots of pins. Is
> > it round, a 'D' shape, a ribbon, an edge connector?
> >
> > If we're going play 'what am I?' with cables, you should at least give a
> > decent description of it.
> >
> > My first guess might be for a joystick/midi extension cable (don't know why
> > it has a windows logo though - but Microsoft have sold some nifty joysticks
> > in their time).
> >
> > Richard

---

  If you want to kill a red ant hidden between millions of black ones,
  just get a napalm bomb able to cremate an area of about 3.1415 km2
  , oh! and do use it.

  If you manage to fail killing it, it is because you work for the U$,
  or maybe the UK goverment.

  ::WARNING:: IRONY

  If you are so pathetic, yes you are,
  that you don't see why you have to use such a logical method,
  do go to the Pentagon and ask the guys in the funny clothes.
  Do not be extremely careful, though.

  Formi comes from A Formiga, the name of my village,
  Formiga in the tongue of the land means ant.
  And my preferite color is red.

                                           RED Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk