[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Mon Nov 12 11:26:37 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:19:45AM +0000, Richard Cohen wrote:
> More so - I'm amazed that I can't store my bookmarks on a server somewhere
> (run by me or otherwise - my ISP, say), so I can get to them for anybrowser,
> *anywhere*.

I worked on a project that did this a while ago. You stored all your
bookmarks on a server and just opened that as a page on the left and the
main page was viewable on the right. You could also email additions to
it[0] and share bookmarks. It all worked but it looked shit. Maybe its
something that is revivable.

We had to stop this (Which was free as a service) because myself and my pardner were out
of work and ended up selling the server it was hosted on.

As for a standard this may be of interest:
http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/xbel/

Its one of those things i keep intending to write a Perl module to but
never really need it enough :)

	Dean (Feeling Ill.)
[0] This was so you could add a procmail filter that went through a
mailing lists traffic and added all the urls you got from it. And it only
stored them once so it worked on sig lines.
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk