[Gllug] Office software -> c/c++ debate

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 07:58:50 UTC 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, David Damerell uttered the following:
> On , 17 Nov 2001, Nix wrote:
>>I can't see why perl differs from C++ here. Indeed, perl has even *more*
>>barmy syntax than C++!
>
> No-one sane tries to write 10^5 line idiosyncratic programs in Perl
> and then expects other people to maintain them.

The same should be true of any language. By the time you hit that size,
I'd hope you have internals docs, at least.

(Well, maybe in practice the figure is more like 5 x 10^5...)

--
`Many people have tried whispering in his ear, and indeed bellowing
 with megaphones but up to now he's seemed to be completely

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk