[Gllug] Broad Band Access

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Nov 6 13:01:14 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 9:06 am, you wrote:
> Alex and I had a similair discussion a while back and I think you may find
> that to provide a service free or not via a telecommunications medium will
> require you to have a license. No doubt AH can shed more light on this.

It does. The RA is _considering_ (see the "consume rehash" thread) expanding
the licencing terms to include for-profit services being provided on the
exempt band, but this doesn't address the original point: that by providing
internet service you're becoming a telco, and need a licence (AFAIK).

Cheers,
					Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk