[Gllug] Virtual Terminal Resolution

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Nov 16 14:16:37 UTC 2001

Vincent AE Scott(gllug at codex.net)@Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:25:19PM +0000:
> Colin Coles(colin.coles at ukonline.co.uk)@Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:22:11PM +0000:
> > Hi,
> >  Anyone know how to change the numbers of rows & columns in a virtual
> > terminal, I've seen it done somewhere but can't remember where. A google
> > search just gave me reams of pages about X.
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Colin.
> >

> # stty rows 24 cols 80

EBCAK!
oops, teach me to try and post with a hangover.  virtual terminal !=
xterm.

you can compile up a kernel, editing the top level Makefile to preset a
a certain video mode.  search for the SVGA_MODE define.

or in your lilo.conf entry put:
	vga=ask

that'll prompt you for which mode to use, i think you can just take the
number you enter and put that into the lilo.conf to make it always use
that mode:
 	vga=1

must wake up.

--