[Gllug] 2.4.15

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 12:05:09 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, David Damerell spake:
> It's a great tool relative to what the RH boys have, but it's pretty
> broken by Debian's standards; it was written with a fairly fundamental
> misunderstanding of how dpkg works.

... so I'll --force-this and --force-that and --force-everything-else,
oops it didn't work, I'll just dump you back at the prompt and leave you
staring at dpkg error messages.

Someone should rewrite apt. (But it won't be me.)

--
`Many people have tried whispering in his ear, and indeed bellowing
 with megaphones but up to now he's seemed to be completely

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk