[Gllug] Replacement fo MS Exchange Server

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 14:06:07 UTC 2001

Davies Sue wrote:

>Can any one suggest an alternative to M$ Exchange Server.  I have been asked
>to find out what other Unix/Linux based products are available.  I've had a
>look but cannot find much that does calendars and all the other twiddlybits.
>
>Thanks
>
>Suzanne Davies
>Technical Support Officer
>IS & T
>Civic Centre, Wood Lane, Dagenham, Essex, RM10
>Tel: 0208 227 2737
>Mobile : 07968 521262

>http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk
>

>CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER
>
>This email is confidential to the initial email addressee.
>If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
>immediately on +44 (0)20 8592 4500 and delete the message
>from all locations in your computer network. You should not copy
>this email or use it for any purpose, or disclose its
>contents to any person : to do so may be unlawful.
>
>Due to the informal nature of this form of communication
>the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (the "Council")
>hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or accuracy
>of any information contained in this message and any liability
>of any kind for the information contained in it, or for its
>transmission, reception, storage or use in any way whatsoever.
>As a result in the absence of prior non-email agreement written
>or otherwise this email does not legally bind the Council to any
>relations or obligations in English or other Jurisdiction law

There is now SuSE email server III released which has a calender server,
other than that you should try Bynari http://www.bynari.com  their
server has full exchange services, but will only handle one domain and
virtuals (i.e. will not host more than one company with multiple domains)

Both work well, the Bynari solution is much cheaper than exchange by
about a factor of 100.

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk