[Gllug] Mail programs

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Oct 12 12:11:41 UTC 2001

On 10/12/01, 12:32:06 PM, tet at accucard.com wrote regarding Re: [Gllug]
Mail programs :

> >> - handles bulk forwarding well
> >
> >Again, I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it's pretty easy in Pine
> >(for example) select all mails from a certain person and forward them as
> >single large MIME digest, or with all the mails in the body of a single
text
> >mail.

> No, this is what I don't want. It's how exmh does it currently for
example.
> What I want is to be able to say "forward everything I received from
Richard
> between May and August this year to Bob", and have each message
individually
> forwarded as a separate messages. But unlike Balsa, I don't want to have
> add a forwarding address and explicitly send each one.

Mutt can do this - for any selection of messages in one folder.  First
you tag a group of messages - Mutt lets you select groups in a folder
based on regexp and pattern modifier, so your example selection is easy
to do.  Then you "bounce" the tagged mail, which resends it to a new
recipient.  Each message is separately resent.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk