[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 13:43:31 UTC 2001

On 31 Oct 2001, Nix wrote:
> *Absolutely* so. In a two-year long bout of insanity from 1991--93, just
> after I discovered Unix and a few years after I discovered C, I wrote a
> pseudo-C and a sort of quarter-Unix on my C64

OK, you win ;)

> I recommend implementing an OS and toolchain, even a useless one, on
> maximally restrictive hardware; it's not just fun, it's educational too!

Now I've got to thinking about something of the sort for the Beeb I am
sorely tempted. However I've only just got the damn thing so it'll take me
a while to bootstrap it into a state for serious development.

> Most of them. I'm off on a reminiscence kick now...

Looks like a few old hackers are coming out of the woodwork again ...

jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk