[Gllug] Demon ISDN Dialup

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 19:45:33 UTC 2001

Andy Loates wrote:

> HI there,
>
> A silly question for a friday night as we should be all down the pub, but
> are any of you Demon users having a problem with their service at the
> moment.
>
> I cant get on the Web, can ping my gateway address at their end but cant
> ping any of their nameservers.
>
> Hoping this mail will get onto the system as a test.
>
> Any Comments/ideas
>
> Their helpdesk is on 20 minutes wait/Recorded status says nothing about
> servers down

OK from here using the "Blue replacement" ROMP but there are lots of
whinges on demon.service and a status entry warning that customers "may
experience lack of routing..". Nothing new here then.

BTW Demon are angels compared with BT. My mate is using the other half
of the ISDN pair and trying to connect to BT. After several phone calls
and three different numbers, he's given up and decided to slump in front
of the telly.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk