[Gllug] Lonix - The London Linux User Group (October Meeting)

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Oct 2 19:54:37 UTC 2001

Hi  the details for next week's meeting is as
follows.

Date: Wednesday 10th October 2001
Time: 6pm onwards
Place: Southern Junction Sports Bar - 4-6 Glasshouse Street, 020 7852 2780
Nearest Tube: Piccadilly Circus
Map: Do you really need one!?
Contact: 020 8992 7008 / 07980 224 772

Back at the sports bar this month which is directly at
Piccadilly Circus Station. The place is situated on the left
of Burger King and under the neon lights at Piccadilly Circus.
There are 3 floors in this place. Look for the level which has
the lonix sign on the door outside. (THIRD FLOOR BAR)

We also have a guest over from Japan this month. Masayuki Ida
Vice President of the Free Software Foundation Japan and long
time free software contributor. He will be doing a short talk
on Free Software while we consume our beer. (They never let you
do that at school!).

There will be happy hour all night, 2 for 1 on Carlsberg and 2
for 1 on a Smirnoff Ice clone. Food is also served in the
form of 12 inch pizzas for 4.49 and various other bar snacks
and basket meals. There are also a variety of other cocktails
and beers.

If you have any interesting videos to bring along they can
play them on their plasma screens. Last time we were here we
had someone bring along a Greenpeace video about a Star Wars
protest.

See you Wednesday,

Tushar

LINUX EXPO BIRMINGHAM

This event has now moved to the 29-30th May 2002

More information on www.linux-expo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk