[Gllug] [Fwd: Telewest/Cableinet Support - 213.48.46.199 - NIMDA]

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Sat Oct 6 10:59:21 UTC 2001

On 6 Oct 2001, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> The only 'evidence' I got was the one line
>
> Infected IP = 25/Sep/2001:18:30:35 213.48.46.199 - NIMDA
>
> I wrote back instantly stating I was shocked and insulted that I would
> run such an OS.  I was also concerned about the threat of having ports
> blocked on my servers.
>
> No answer to date!

a friend of mine has a great line when he phone's up a support line, or a
supplier who's being difficult.

 "I'm not prepared to accept that you cant help me.  Please put me thru to
 your manager"

and then repeat, until you can get someone who can help you.

I think this line needs to be adapted for email's.  or, you could ask them
what their escalation procedure is.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk