[Gllug] Proxy awareness campaign

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Mon Oct 22 13:13:11 UTC 2001

Even if we did all this it wouldn't stop the 'bad guys' for those of you
with memories will remember the BCCI banking scandal in the late 80's?
How many of you remember a warehouse fire 3 months before the
investigation which took out all the banks back records, coincidence?

On a more recent note the current Nigerian regime is trying to recover 3
billion in embezzeled funds stolen by the previous regime.  A lot of this
money went through the city before ending up in the ubiquitous numbered
bank accounts. however the FSA (Futures and Securities Authority are
having trouble tracing these transactions due to incorrect administrative
procedures.

This behavior is from some of the bastion organisations of our culture and
civilisation.  I guess this decade is going to be about fighting for the
freedoms we currently possess and if your imagination and intelligence can
see that far, other peoples freedoms and desires so that we can all share
the peace and prosperity that has been ours for so long.  Alternatively
put your money where your mouth is and join the .NET generation.

Peace Jim

--Benjamin Franklin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk