[Gllug] Problem with Apache & Virtual Hosting

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Mon Oct 15 16:28:42 UTC 2001

Hi,

Are you defining your VirtualHosts by IP address or by name? If you are
defining by name, then you are reliant on a good/fast DNS lookup every time
you reload.

See: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/dns-caveats.html

Of course if you're using some versions of mod_frontpage, you'll find that
MS mistakenly wants you to define your vhosts incorrectly by name, so
you'll have a little problem, but don't make me go there.

Oh, and get some more memory!

Cheers,

Jake.

--On 15 October 2001 17:00 +0100
--Rowan Puttergill apparently said about the subject "RE: [Gllug] Problem

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk