[Gllug] [OT] London restaurants

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Tue Oct 30 21:36:15 UTC 2001

Paul Brazier(pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk)@Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:43:37PM -0000:
> > I'm curious to find people's recommendations about the better
> > eateries in
> > London.
>
> Country Life in Warwick St W1 near Piccadily Circus. It's run by Seventh
> Day Adventists (so closed on Saturday) but they don't ram this down your
> throats. All you can eat buffet during the day and more expensive posh
> food in the evening.

it's also worth pointing out thats it's completely veggie.  might even be
vegan, not sure.  lots of green stuff anyway.  co-incidentally i was in there
today at lunch time.  a point worth making, is they charge by the gram, IIRC
its 1.1p per 1gram.  upto a certain ammount, after that its a fixed price of
about 6 quid.  so basically, get a plate and *pile* it full of food, the more
the better.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk