[Gllug] Off Topic Not a Plug

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Oct 2 10:59:25 UTC 2001

Hi all

I have just visited our own web site and I can see that they have put in
some JavaScript to stop you from hitting back on your browser. I know that
you can do it if you hit it back twice but I still think that this is very
bad etiquette and a bit selfish of the company forcing people through the
site. Could you tell me what this facility is called because I am going to
complain to the department who looks after the site to tell them to wise up.
I have tried to view the source but can find little in there.

Site in Question
http://www.colt-telecom.co.uk/colt_micro/index.php?sid=1

Please do not slag off the site as I know that most of the flashing lights
appear superfluous to requirements and are more for aesthetics than
ergonomics, you have to remember that websites are designed for marketing
and sales people as opposed to the people who will actually buy the service.
Oh and I find it slow browsing it on a 2Mb link.

Regards;
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk