[Gllug] [wassacraic at hotmail.com: A possible award for Linus Torvalds!! Spread the message please!]

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Oct 12 01:57:59 UTC 2001

----- Forwarded message from Greg Gillespie <wassacraic at hotmail.com> -----

I hope you can help and I hope you don't mind my writing to you "out of the
blue" but I wanted to pass on a message to the linux community and I got
your e-mail address from the linux.org site! I am a "fan" of Linux but not a
great participator in the communities. However, I came across a site today
that is the voting site for a major awards ceremony for technical innovation
in the past 20 years.  It is MAJOR in that Bill Clinton and "His Highness
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai" are attending
(plus loads of other dignatories etc. - the full list is on
http://www.stars-arabia.com/summit.asp).

The reason I am writing to you though, is that I voted on the software award
and the nominations included Microskank and Linus Torvalds, but can you
imagine my surprise when the results page came up with Microskank in first
place with Linus a VERY close second! I think it is a disgrace that they
should get this award for pumping out downright dodgy, faulty, overpriced
software and that the brilliant ideals of Linus Torvalds should not be
recognised for what they are!

Therefore I am asking you to PLEASE pass this message on to the rest of the
Linux community (quickly as the voting closes in the next few days) and ask
them to register and vote at www.stars.com/stars-2001

I DO NOT work for PC magazine or any of the promoters! I work for a training
centre in Letterkenny, Ireland.

Please help Linus get his proper recognition!
Greg Gillespie

----- End forwarded message -----

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk