[Gllug] XP unleashed

Timothy Coggins tc at sonicated.com
Sat Oct 27 16:03:57 UTC 2001

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 15:48, matthew.king at gardeneden.net wrote:
> > Are you suggesting that the BBC is in bed with Microsoft?
> >
> > Gordo.
>
> I doubt that. They've started expiremting with Ogg streams -
> http://support.bbc.co.uk/oggstreams.shtml

The BBC seem to be very Linux aware and have used it for a good few
years. I have often seen people (claiming) to be BBC techies at Linux
conferences. There is a report on linux at the BBC at
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/1176/1/.

But even if they do extensively use Linux and related technologies like
Ogg Vorbis does not imply they are not in bed with Microsoft. Thinking
back to the Paxman interview with Gate's it wouldn't surprise me if they
were:)

--
Timothy Coggins <tc at sonicated.com>
http://www.sonicated.com/