[Gllug] dual head X freezing?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Oct 17 16:29:38 UTC 2001

>Rather than powering down to escape can you use ctrl+alt+F1-F6 to change
>to console mode to kill X or ssh from a remote machine, some thing we had
>to do a while back while trying to configuring X on an iMac

Or:

- alt-sysrq-r then ctrl-alt-backspace  --  you did compile magic sysrq
  into your kernel, right? If that doesn't work, alt-sysrq-r, alt-sysrq-i,
  alt-sysrq-u, alt-sysrq-b (respectively, get the keyboard in a sane state,
  kill all non-init processes, unmount the disks, and reboot)

- ssh in from another machine, and kill X

- log in via a serial console, and kill X

I appreciate the last two might not always be options for the average home
user...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk