[Gllug] So Intel removes serial ports

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sat Oct 6 08:26:54 UTC 2001

On Saturday 06 October 2001 00:33, you wrote:
> If you have room, you can buy litterally stacks of io boards for next to
> nothing  from junked low spec x86's  Don't know if you can squeeze em in
> or not but they are fairly easy  to get a hold of.

Unlikely. If you're talking about the IO cards I think you're talking about,
I think you'll find they're ISA - EISA at most. Certainly not PCI, unless
they are dedicated expansion cards, rather than 'the' IO. And if these things
don't have serial or ps2, I'd be well surprised if they had ISA :)

Cheers,

			Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk