[Gllug] SysAdmin CD idea.

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Mon Oct 8 15:14:00 UTC 2001

 Funny idea I had,
 imagine a kernel patch or module or piece of software that records the
 name of every file used since you boot the computer.

 Now add another piece of software that takes the info from the previous
 output, and takes all those files and burns a cd with them.

 So, you boot your computer with the "investigator" running, so do use all
 the tools you could use in a recovery situation.

 When you finish, you stop the recording bit, burn the CD and boila,

 you have a exact minimal copy of your system with original files,
 and recovery tools.

 If you have many computers, with many different setups or distros this
 could probe nice. Nice way of creating a minismalistic firewall, or
 almost anything.

 Now I am not a expert sysadim, if somebody finds some flaw in the
 reasoning that can't be ovecame, DO write it. I will learn something new.

 I just hope this idea is not so widely known that I am making
 a fool of myself.

						RED FORMI.

---

  If you want to kill a red ant hidden between millions of black ones,
  just get a napalm bomb able to cremate an area of about 3.1415 km2
  , oh! and do use it.

  If you manage to fail killing it, it is because you work for the U$,
  or maybe the UK goverment.

  ::WARNING:: IRONY

  If you are so pathetic, yes you are,
  that you don't see why you have to use such a logical method,
  do go to the Pentagon and ask the guys in the funny clothes.
  Do not be extremely careful, though.

  Formi comes from A Formiga, the name of my village,
  Formiga in the tongue of the land means ant.
  And my preferite color is red.

                                     RED FORMI. ;-)-

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk