[Gllug] Pecking Order

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Wed Oct 24 11:03:45 UTC 2001

Hi all

	Having made this list I have been surprised. I did not think that
Debian was as  popular as it is and I certainly thought that Mandrake would
have beaten it. MS being as high as it is is understandable and hopefully in
a couple of years time we will see a decline in its popularity/necessity.

Ian Northeast, you cannot be married and if you are take your SO home a
bunch of flowers tonight. This also applies to nearly everyone on the list
below. Even better, phone interflora and have them sent to her work because
then her friends see it and she will be embarrassed but believe me it will
be appreciated more.

Please use the following to avoid PC bashers.

echo Please enter gender MAN or WM
read SO
if [  "$SO"  =  "MAN"  ]
then
sed -n -e s/bunch\ of\ flowers/crate/ -e s/her/his/ -e s/interflora/oddbins/
-e s/she/he/  -e s/them/it/  aboveparagraph > aboveparagraph.pc
fi

This list is probably not entirely accurate so do not worry or write to
complain if you have one less Debian (Debian has only been used as an
example here) against your name, we all promise not to judge any of your
physical attributes against how many PC's/Distro's you have ;-). Oh and I
have no idea if the PC converter works and I am sure some of you can do it
in assembly or in one line consisting of less than 20 character.

Red Hat	42
Debian	33
MS		23
Suse		17
Mandrake	16
Solaris	14
Open BSD	13
Slackware	6
Free BSD	5
HP 		3
Net BSD	2
AIX		2
OSX		2
Smoothwall	2
VM		2
SCO		1
OpenStep	1
NextStep	1
Tru64		1
Tivo		1
Familiar	1
DG/UX		1
SGI		1
SunOS		1
Irix		1
Siemens R	1
Amdahl UTS	1
OS/390	1
MAC		1
LinuxPPC	1
Acorn		1
LFS		1
Definite L	1

Alastair French
2 * Suse

Andy Loates
2 * RH
Mandrake

Anon
HPUX
Solaris
Redhat
Debian
3 * MS
3 * Suse
Mandrake
2 * OpenBSD
openBSD
Slackware
Sun
VM

Axel.
Debian

Bruce R
3 * Debian
Slackware

Dan Kolb
Slackware
OpenBSD
RedHat
netbsd
2 * Solaris
Irix

David Damerell
4 Debian GNU Linux - 2.2.

David Irvine
Debian
2 * Mandrake
LFS

Dylan
5 * SuSE
2 * MS

Formi
3 * Mandrake
MS
SmoothWall

gllug at codex
MS
Mandrake

Harry J
Red Hat
HP
2 * MS

Ian Northeast
AIX
Siemens Reliant
DC/OSX
Amdahl UTS
OS/390
VM
7 * Red Hat
2 * SuSE
10 * MS
freebsd
MS
Definite Linux
Solaris
OpenBSD

Jim Bailey
2 * Debian
SGI
Debian
OSX
Solaris
SunOS
freebsd
Red hat
Open BSD

John Edwards
5 * RedHat
2 * Debian
OpenBSD
SuSE
MS

Jonathan Dye
2 * RedHat
RedHat
freebsd
Mandrake8.1
MS

Kim
debian 2.2
freebsd 4.[01234]
suse 6.2-7.1
openbsd 2.[456]
slowaris [678] was this a typo
netbsd 1.[34]
redhat 6.[12]

Mark Preston
RedHat
Mandrake
Debian

Paul Brazier
Mandrake 8.0
2 * RedHat 7.1
Debian potato

Paul Nasrat
RedHat
LinuxPPC
Debian Potato
OpenBSD
freebsd/BSDi
RedHat
Mandrake
Solaris

Richard Cohen
2 * Slackware
2 * Solaris
TiVo
Familiar

Richard Cotrill
Red Hat
HP-UX
Solaris
MS.

Rich Walker
1 RedHat
debian
Acorn
MS
3 * debian
slackware

Simon A Boggis
2 * Debian

Simon Stewart
Debian
Solaris
Mac
Open BSD

Steve Nicholson
4 * Debian
SmoothWall

Steven Harper
Mandrake 8.1
Mandrake 8.0
2 * OpenBSD
SCO OpenServer

Stig B
3 * Debian

Tet.
7 Red Hat
Solaris
DG/UX
OpenBSD
Openstep
Nextstep
Tru64
AIX

Walid
redhat
Debian

Will
2 * Suse 7.2
2 * Red Hat
Mandrake

Wulf Forester-Baker
SuSE
Mandrake

Xander
3 * Red Hat
Solaris
Red Hat

Regards;
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk