[Gllug] updating red hat

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Oct 29 17:07:37 UTC 2001

>I once heard a fact that 4 of the top 5 kernel developers work for Red Hat,
>is that true? (The obvious exception being Transmeta)

It all depends on how you define the top 5 kernel developers. Certainly,
they have Alan Cox and David Miller, both of whom would definitely
qualify. Other notable kernel developers they employ include Ingo Molnar,
Ben LaHaise, Al Viro, David Woodhouse, Jakub Jelinek, and probably many
more. But its hard to quantify and rank developers. Who gets to decide
who's in the top 5? Suffice it to say that Red Hat have more than their
fair share of star developers. But then, all the major distributions
have a number of the big names working for them. After all, it's in
their interest to do so...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk