[Gllug] Ptrace/Setuid exec vulnerability

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 10:42:17 UTC 2001

Could someone who has been following this closely please give
us an update?

I haven't seen any updates for 2.2.19 kernels,
other than those listed on the Securityfocus.com site which
are by Engarde Secure Linux/Caldera/Redhat

Am I being sense and missing something here?
Is it ONLY the combination of EnGarde and kernel 2.2.19,
or Caldera and certain kernels
or Redhat and 2.4.9
which are vulnerable?

I wouldn't think so - and I expected patches to 2.2.19
The securityfocus.com site does say that there is an unofficial kernel
patch by Nergal.

http://www.securityfocus.com/cgi-bin/vulns-item.pl?section=solution&id=3447

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk