[Gllug] Underclocking an Athlon

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 11:49:33 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 11:42:25AM +0100, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> Hi all
>
> For all you overclockers out there this may be of some use.
>
> Download GIMPS and run the test if it fails reduce the clocking until it
> does not. I done this on Saturday and reduced my 1GHz Athlon From 1.1GHz TO
> 1050MHz before I could get it to work properly. I know clocking it to 1.1GHz
> was a bit daft but I had to see how far I could take it.
>
> Regards;
> Harry Jackson.

As the big Athlons have a habit of being as hot as a burning coals
when running in a small machine, is there any way to UNDERclock them
(eg running a 1.4GHz at 1.2GHz) ?

I would rather have a 10% slower machine than a dead machine.

--
|    John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com                          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk