[Gllug] Ximain/GNOME strangeness

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 18 09:37:27 UTC 2001

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 10/18/01, 10:15:34 AM, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote
regarding Re: [Gllug] Ximain/GNOME strangeness:

> On Thursday 18 October 2001 05:50, you wrote:
> > en a term type gnomecc (for control center) go to window manager
> > section, change to twm click ok then change back to sawfish. Should work
> > for good, sometimes it does not stick at first but after a few goes
> > does. I think it is a long standing gnome "quirk"

> Don't you mean "feature"   ;^)

Like the feature where if you use the session manager to save the session
it saves the session manager as part of the session?  While since I used
gnome and session management may have improved but that one really failed
to impress.  Couldn't find any text file to edit to reliably create the
session I wanted either.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk