[Gllug] web server specs

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 10:53:15 UTC 2001

> > Personally I would get two drives and use them in a mirrored raid
> > configuration.  I would also go for a gig of ram because this
> > will only cost you 90 quid from TCR on saturday.
>
> By this do you mean memory and disk access time is more important than
> say processor and bandwidth?

i would spend more on memory and get a slightly slower cpu ...
yes i would buy 2 GB ram for disk cache so my disk does not thrash =)
on average over a week my cpu sits ~70% idle anyway ... =/

on the other hand, there is no such thing as too much bandwidth!

yours,

kim
--
                    \\|||//
                   /  / ^  \
   | Kim Hawtin          Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755  | "Time is an
   | A.L. Digital Ltd.   Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995  |  illusion.
   | The Stores                                   |  Lunch time,
   | 2 Bath Road       http://www.thebunker.net   |  doubly so."
   | London W4 1LT     http://www.aldigital.co.uk |  - Ford Prefect
   | UNITED KINGDOM|   mailto:kim at aldigital.co.uk |
                 .oooO   (   |