[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 13:16:16 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Alex Hudson wrote:

> On Monday 29 October 2001 6:32 pm, you wrote:
> > I wouldn't bet my life on it. I know Unix-like shells exist for the
> > Commodore 64,
>
> I'm not sure "Unix-like shell" qualifies as a Unix though..

In fact I was understating a little. There are several multi-tasking
Unix-likes for the C64, LUnix (http://hld.c64.org/poldi/lunix/lunix.html),
OS/A65 (http://www.6502.org/users/andre/index.html) among them.

> > jim (see? there IS still room in the world for an old Beeb hacker)
>
> www.sprow.co.uk.
>
> aka, you are not alone :(

I know about Sprow, he seems worse than me. Mind you I only just got my
hands on a Beeb after many years without, so we'll see.

jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk