[Gllug] Roll your own

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 19:54:10 UTC 2001

On 30 Oct 2001, Timothy Coggins uttered the following:
> On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 15:48, will wrote:
>
>> We should make pico the only text editor by default.
>>
>> and use lots of perl :-)
>>
>> Will.
>
> Good idea! But to change it slightly could we make vi the only text
> editor by default and use lots of Ruby?

I think we should make Emacs the only text editor by default and use
lots of Guile.

(This has one meritorious point; it's the half of the original GNU
system design that hasn't been implemented yet.)

--
`You're the only person I know who can't tell the difference
 between a pair of trousers and a desk.' --- Kieran, to me

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk