[Gllug] updating red hat

Ms. Lene Jensen ljensen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 15:58:05 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Lee Blackwell wrote:

Lee,

First, feel free to call me LJ.

> Would Ms Jensen care to comment on the RH upgrade procedure?

As far as I know, we haven't released official procedures.  I have been
using RH since 95 (August, according to my sysadmin boss at the time), and
I have been updating a lot of computers over the years.  We basically just
rebooted, clicked on the (God, that sounds _so_ M$) upgrade button, and it
seems to have worked every time.  I have upgraded the same way several
times (either over net or from CD), and I have actually never had any
problems...

LJ
--
10 Alan Turing Road | Tel: +441483734926 | Want Linux training or
Guildford           | Fax: +441483734956 | certification?  Go to

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk