[Gllug] updating red hat

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 00:37:30 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, David Damerell uttered the following:
> On Monday, 29 Oct 2001, gllug at codex.net wrote:
>>i take it debian is far more reliable, and you can just continue upgrading
>>from day dot to y3k day?  comments debian peeps?
>
> Chiark has been upgraded from 0.96r3 straight through to 2.2 without
> ever being reinstalled.

... however, to give it its due, chiark is a bit of a special
case (being Ian Jackson's box and all).

However, I wouldn't be surprised to find that a Debian box could be
upgraded that far even *without* being run by a DPL ;)

--
`You're the only person I know who can't tell the difference
 between a pair of trousers and a desk.' --- Kieran, to me

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk