[Gllug] Reiserfs faster boot

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 15:46:50 UTC 2001

Slackware 8.0 comes with a reiserfs option on the cdrom iso image. Maybe
it's worth migrating to slackware and reiserfs ;o)  If anyone wants a copy
of slakware 8.0 I can burn them a copy for the lonix meet on Wednesday only
if they are actually going to use it and not use it as a coaster (since I
have to burn them manually).

Tushar

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:25:40PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 02:46:35PM +0100, Nick Hill wrote:
> >
> > ReiserFS is worth migrating to!
>
> Not until Debian has included it as an installation option in the
> stable distro. Yes, I know all about the handy reiserfs disks that are
> already available, but the method they use for installing it isn't
> exactly elegant....  :)
>
> Having said that, I do have a couple of resiser partitions here, and
> it works nicely.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
>
> --
> "Attitude without substance is just plain bitterness." --Unknown
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk