[Gllug] do X windows manages work under root?

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Thu Oct 11 16:07:01 UTC 2001

> as an additional present to the award winner:
> xhost +localhost
> issued as the owner of the display should do the job

Thanks for this, I have the feeling things aren't quite configured right
maybe?  I get:

# xhost
xhost: unable to open display ""

where according to the man page it should tell me whether it is enabled
and list of names.

I do get an error message from "dpkg --configure xserver-xfree86" but
from what I can find this is bug with debconf and you just have to
manually create the XF86Config-4 file everything has installed.

More things to play with and learn, much fun.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk