[Gllug] another X question, dual monitors on Laptop?

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Thu Oct 11 15:30:01 UTC 2001

Ok so XFree86 4.x allows your to run dual (or more screens, possibly
before V4.x I don't know) I have it working on my workstation.  Question
is can I do this on a Laptop?  Meaning can I have a another monitor
plugged into the video port and have a larger work area using both the
laptop LCD and Monitor??  Used to be able to do this on Mac laptops
years ago. I don't have a laptop yet but hope to be getting one soon so
is there anything I should be looking for to enable dual screens?

thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk