[Gllug] StarOffice

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Oct 23 16:54:03 UTC 2001

On 10/23/01, 4:40:18 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding [Gllug] StarOffice:

> Hi all

> In my attempts to get away from MS I have downloaded StarOffice 5.2

I recommend doing a network installation, then.  This means installing it
as root to a central location.  Then as each user you run set-up and it
just creates the data directory in your home.  This is preferable even if
you are the only user on the machine - it means that if you mess up you
can just nuke the ~/office52 directory and start again without having to
reinstall the entire package.  IIRC you do this by running the
installation binary with /net or -net.  Then for each user you run the
setup script in the /installation-path/program/ directory.

ISTR some people were complaining on the list that staroffice only runs
as the person who installed it.  They probably missed this poorly
documented step.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk