[Gllug] ADSL problems

Jon Maters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sat Oct 20 02:10:55 UTC 2001

Hi,

When I initially set up my home ADSL box a couple of weeks ago I had
very little time to try out stuff (just needed to get it going and
head northwards again...) however following Richard's comments about
the vast superiority of Benoit's PPPoverATM implementation/support for
the USB kit I have, I risk a re-config over a serial console to see
just what he meant. I have to agree, it's looking *much* more stable
now so a big thanks and recommendation for using that instead of the
other implementation mentioned in many of the HOWTOs.

btw Richard, I did disagree partly with your implication that through
using benoit's code one was set free from Alcatel binaries - this is
not true or I would have done it initially, you still need their
binary microcode any way you look at it :)

--jcm

P.S. As soon as my housemate stops moaning to me about random
     annoying bullshit, I'll fix my mail setup and stop breaking
     threading/responses to messages...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk