[Gllug] can't ping.

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 12:01:39 UTC 2001

Hope someone can help,

I have just set up my modem in SuSE Linux (I was surprised at how easy it
was).  I can do stuff like use HTTP using the web browsers provided, but
doing a ping or traceroute does not work for some reason.  Is there any
particular reason for this?  I guess I have to specify the interface to ping
using? I also have a network card in the machine that isn't used at the
moment I guess that might make a difference.

>From memory (the Linux box is at home) the error message was unknown host or
something similar.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk