[Gllug] Strange Attractor Talk

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Tue Oct 2 12:07:15 UTC 2001

There's an interesting talk tonight, which I thought gllug people might be
interested in, I heard of it via http://www.ntk.net which is a good weekly
newsletteer site. For more details see
http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/talks.html

Hopefully I might see some of you folk, there [if I finsih off this report,
I'm writing]

taken from the Web site. [Disclaimer: not associated with anybody in any way]

Tues 2nd October, 7:30pm
Horse Hospital, London.

Talk / Demonstration:
Consume.net - Kim Hawtin:
 "trip the loop, make your switch, consume the net"

 Fed up with being held to ransom in the local loop, phased by fees to ISP's,
conscious of community? Consume.net are building a fresh network, one that is
local, global, fast, expanding, public and user-constructed.

 Kim Hawtin will demonstrate and outline the strategy behind the creation of
a completely free London wide broadband wireless network and the progress
being made toward its establishment. With consume.net everyone can build the
new network.

Talk / Demonstration:
Heath Bunting - irational.org:

Net art pioneer Heath Bunting will be talking about and demonstrating his
"Skip 2 Server" linux survialism techniques and his "cellular pirate
listening station" project which streams london pirate radio transmissions to
the global community.

Talk:
Dave Green - ntk.net

 Dave Green from the weekly high-tech sarcastic newsletter ntk.net will give
a presentation exploring some classic journalistic cock-ups about the subject
of hacking.

 Demonstration / Live Hacking:
Luther Blissett
The evening will culminate with hacking demonstration.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk