[Gllug] Compiling in a different computer

Nick Hill nickhill at email.com
Fri Oct 26 17:47:09 UTC 2001

Go to oyur kernel source directory. Usually /usr/src/linux
su
Type 'make xconfig'

'Select processor type and features'. If you have a recent kernel, this will give options for a wide variety of processors, including K6 and Pentium MMX. It selects the optimisations for the resultant kernel and modules.

Then save, make dep; make clean; make bzImage

copy bzImage from /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot

AIUI, you will need a version of GCC which can use the appropriate processor optimisation flags.

Hope this helps.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk