[Gllug] web server specs

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 10:30:24 UTC 2001

> Personally I would get two drives and use them in a mirrored raid
> configuration.  I would also go for a gig of ram because this
> will only cost
> you 90 quid from TCR on saturday.

By this do you mean memory and disk access time is more important than
say processor and bandwidth?
We though about RAID but it adds complications (plus cost) that might be
too much - would it be software or hardware?
Would the RAID be to improve disk access time or for data redundancy in
case of disk failure?
Does debian potato have raid support as standard or does it involve
heavy-duty kernel recompilations and stuff?

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk