[Gllug] On Linux desktops...

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Oct 18 13:14:27 UTC 2001

At 15:10 18/10/01 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thursday, 18 Oct 2001, Alex Hudson wrote:
>>that in my first email I said that they suck :) Take the Word toolbar
though
>>- would you prefer "Bold" or "B"? Would you prefer "right-justify" to the
>>bars icon?
>
>I think one could reasonably have a single button that displayed the
>current justification (as text) and either ran through them if clicked
>or popped up a menu if clicked and held. The advantage would be that
>more complex justification schemes could be described.
BAD, BAD, BAD!
If I was to look at such a button for the first time I wouldn't know wether
it meant that what was displayed was the current justification scheme or
the one I was going to get if I clicked it.

It's the same as having a button that starts and stops some processing and
having it red or green depending on whether the processing was running or
not. Should it be green to mean "Running" or green to mean "Start running"!

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk