[Gllug] Top ten paying IT jobs partII

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 17:23:36 UTC 2001

My apologies - I got the ton ten as a forward and did not now that you
have to log in - here are the pages contents:

Monday 22nd October 2001   2:00pm
Contractors hit by slowly slipping wages

What's left to smile about?

The outlook for contractors looks grim today, with news that the wages
paid for even the most valuable skills are slipping.

The much feared 10 per cent wage cut, following 11 September terrorist
attacks, has yet to hit recruitment agencies across UK, but according to
data from The Skills Market - an exchange for IT professionals - the
rates paid for the top ten skills shows a decrease on contractors'
average hourly rates since September.

[Silicon Says]
IBM gave contractors' wages the snip too.For more contractor gloom,
click here
Worse still, research by Jobstats discovered last month that the average
rates for IT contracting work have fallen by as much as 25 per cent
since their peak last year.

The top ten list in full:

1. Korn Shell - £55.00 per hour
2. Sybase - £55.00
3. Application Integration - £54.21
4. Entity Diagrams - £52.75
5. PRINCE Methodology - £52.29
6. MS Project - £51.18
7. Oracle - £50.12
8. DB2 - £49.86
9. JAVA - £49.01
10. UML - £48.88

The data is generated from IT agencies across the UK, based on a total
of 4,680 job searches and is updated on a weekly basis.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk