[Gllug] NT Embedded?

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Sat Oct 27 15:50:50 UTC 2001

* Gordon Joly (gordon.joly at pobox.com) wrote:
> >  With no moving parts, this >monitoring solution delivers quiet, reliable,
> >  >unattended operation for up to 12 hours underwater.
> >                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >Does NT stay up that long?
> Does a submarine need to stay under for more than 12 hours at a time?

Um. Yes?

The USS triton in 1960 "...had traveled '36,000 miles completely submerged
in 83 days and 10 hours" [http://www.rddesigns.com/saga/nucs.html]

There are all sorts of technologies to find and blow up subs on the
surface :-) This is kind of important in Nuclear War I would think. This
is why they can fire missiles sub surface...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk