[Gllug] X on RH 7.1

Andy Loates andy at the-bizz.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 23:14:10 UTC 2001

Many thanks for the tips. Used a combination of both methods to sort it.

Read the ESR HOW-TO, but as I use XFree86 4.0.3 which was pointed out on the
site automatically sets the modes, I fiddled with The Screen res selections.

At 1152x864 the used screen area got smaller still. Then tried 1280x1024,
which works perfectly after a little tweaking of the Monitor controls. Funny
thing is this is a ratio of 5:4 not 4:3 as all standard setups I have seen.
Incedently the monitor also dual boots into Win98 at 1024x768 perfectly.

Anyway now i've played around with KDE settings I now have a seriously good
desktop with acres more real estate than i satrted with. Time for a beer to
celebrate