[Gllug] Opinions on Smoothwall and other firewalls

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 14:28:07 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:47:55AM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> Smoothwall has caused a lot of excitement on uk.comp.os.linux.  Not
> because of the quality of the product - serious doubts have been raised
> about its security - but because of the antics of the development team.
> The lead developer is mentally unstable and childishly abusive.

He regularly visits irc.lug.org.uk with an entourage and calls us
all nasty names in front of his people.  If you try to ban him or
tell him to go away he does a good impression of monty python's holy
grail ("help, help, I am being oppressed, come see the violence
inherent in the system!") so it is usually better to just watch
until he runs out of steam and buggers off.  Any attempt to change
the subject turns into a penis-length war, and all communication is
disrupted.

Still, as someone with no current need for Smoothwall, I am able to
remain objective and distanced from such behaviours.  Whether that
should affect anyone else, is none of my business.

--
<|an> try and wrap your female mind around that file

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk