[Gllug] Multiple X sessions

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 21:25:43 UTC 2001

I can configure multiple X sessions using the command

startx -- :1
startx -- :2

etc.

These are all on the local box.  What I would like to do is to start up
remote X sessions using xdmcp or ssh which ever is more secure / easier.

I am having a little difficulty - well in all honesty X is being down
right rude.

Could someone please point me in the correct direction.

The X -query "server"

or X -indirect "server"

Work great but only produce one X session

In addition has anyone got gdmchoose to work (I mean to do anything
other than just find a few hosts).  It crashes when I try to connect and
the documentation is sparse to say the least.  (It seems to be a matter
of reading source ;-)

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk