[Gllug] Reiserfs faster boot

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Oct 5 16:00:35 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 04:50:26PM +0100, Nick Hill wrote:
> Installation is quite straightforward. This is how I installed reiser as my root partition, carrying my existing system over.

<snip>

Not exactly the most elegant way of doing things; I'd still prefer to
see the option to format a partition as reiserfs in the installation
scripts (if I can ever find them ;)

Besides, installing this box was a nightmare --- the debian stable
boot disks had/have a kernel that freezes half way through the boot
process. Hilarious. Almost ended up running SuSE instead, but built
some custom boot disks and used those instead. Any more time, for a
box for work would have raised eyebrows....

Cheers,

Simon

--
I had just received my degree in Calcium Anthropology... The study of
milkmen

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk