[Gllug] Spoofing?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 08:56:36 UTC 2001

On Sat 13 Oct, Alex Hudson wrote:

> On Saturday 13 October 2001 18:29, you wrote:
> > Yeah I got that one - I assumed gllug at list.ftech.net and
> > gllug at linux.co.uk amounted to the same thing - but maybe not. Perhaps
> > one is the old list location with an old subscriber list? Or perhaps
> > that's someone else altogether :)
>
> Dunno :) I always assumed gglug at linux.co.uk was just an alias. I hope that
> they're not two separate lists with one forwarding to the other.. brrrr ;)
>
> The Gllug area on linux.co.uk also seems to have a healthy number of broken
> links (just deviating from topic a little ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> 			Alex.

   If you compare full headers from the genuine and spoofed mails, they are
very different, despite attempts to copy lines. I thought someone was
trawling the list some time ago, so I started including root at 127.0.0.1 in my
sig file hoping to direct some junk mail to anyone in charge of the source
network. This raised a few objections, so I stopped.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk