[Gllug] Sharp / Linux / Java / PDA

mallum breakfast at 10.am
Fri Oct 19 10:20:59 UTC 2001

on Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> Sharp are very close to releasing their new PDA.  There are no pcmcia
> slots.

They may well release a PCMCIA sleeve. In the meantime theres alot of
'devices' available as compact flash such as microdrives, ethernet
and 802.11 cards. Modtech.co.uk have quite a few products. Compact
flashh is good too as it only requires 3.3v ( most PCMCIA devices use
5v )

> Does Linux network well through USB?

Yes, usbnet works really well. though I think you need an ac kernel to
take advantage of this.

  -- mallum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk