[Gllug] Mail programs

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Oct 12 15:53:26 UTC 2001

>As with many unix tools, what is named in $EDITOR, you can override
>this with the config line 'set editor', which is quite nice if you
>want to specify some options to the editor (eg I specify 'line wrap'
>to emacs).

Tsk, tsk. It really shouldn't be using $EDITOR. That's reserved for
specifying a line editor (e.g., ed or ex). The full screen editor to
use should be determined by checking $VISUAL, and only defaulting to
$EDITOR if that's not set.

<insert pithy comment about those who don't know their Unix history>

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk